Why Every Modern Housewife Needs Glass Balustrades
Everyone wants glass balustrades these days! They are inexpensive, chic, aesthetically pleasing and, on top of all this, EASY TO CLEAN! Obviously in this day and age, our most valuable commodity is time and therefore we do not want to waste our time cleaning and maintenance anything at home.
I can extensively describe the wonderful open look glass balustrades can give your yard, the modern touch it adds to your home, the different styles it is available in etc., but I won’t because you will be able to see that for yourself. Instead I will give you some advice on how to keep your glass railings looking clean and damage free.
Cleaning tips for glass
- Avoid abrasive equipment when cleaning the glass so that you do not scratch or damage the smooth appearance of the glass.
- Avoid applying any bleach or soap that contains chlorine as it can penetrate the metal supporting the glass and cause it to corrode.
- Clean the top of the glass first so that water drops do not leave streaks on the glass.
- Clean the glass with a squeegee (the ones you usually clean your car windscreen with at the petrol station) as this helps leave a dry, shiny finish. You can also use a squeegee for hard to reach places such as the outer side of a glass balustrade on a balcony.
- Dry the glass with material that doesn’t leave lint on it. Old t-shirts and synthetic cloths work well to leave the glass clear of marks and fluff.
- Avoid washing outside glass balustrades when the sun is too hot as this causes the water to evaporate too quickly and leaves streak-marks on the glass.
- Always rinse off any soap or detergent you use with fresh water and a soft, lint-free cloth.
For more information read: https://balustradekit.wordpress.com/2015/02/12/cleaning-stainless-steel-balustrades-what-not-to-do/