Knock Down Kits for Child Safety
When do you need a safety stair gate?
The answer is simple. As soon as your baby can sit up. Children tend to advance quickly- one minute they are sitting up and then the next minute they are running around the house. It is important to make sure that as soon as your child starts learning to crawl and walk, you have the appropriate safety systems in your house.
You will need to install the safety gates at the top and bottom of your stairway so that children do not fall down the stairs, or climb up the stairs and tumble down. It is also advisable to install handrails, such as durable stainless steel handrails, along both sides of your stairs to ensure safety while walking up and down the stairs.
What safety stair gate should I purchase?
There are many various types of safety stair gates that you can install and most of them offer a decent amount of safety; however, knock down systems are the best to install. Here’s why:
- The system comes in a ready-to-assemble kit for your convenience
- The system is easy to assemble (no welding, joining, drilling, polishing, etc.)
- The system can be installed: wall-to-wall, wall-to-post or post-to-post
- The kit takes minutes to install (with the assistance of basic tools)
- The system is very safe and impossible for toddlers to open
Also remember to take into account that stair gates should open away from the stairs as if it opens towards the stairs, it can cause you to fall. Toddlers should not be able to open the mechanism; however the system should be easy enough for you to open and close without any effort.